Friday, November 11, 2011

Author Talk - November 15th

I'll be speaking about writing at FELICIAN COLLEGE on Tuesday, November 15th, 2011. The presentation, complete with Power Point, will be held from 6 - 7 pm in the Lodi Campus Library.

Felician College has an Author's Club with 20 aspiring writers. How great is that? Since I'm a graduate of Immaculate Conception HS, this is perhaps one of the most thrilling experiences - to be back on the beautiful Felician Campus.

A writer often uses life experiences in their novels. For anyone who has read Retribution! there is a scene where Michael talks about his most malicious act as a creature of the night. When writing that passage, memories of sitting in the convent's Chapel, a holy place of prayer, came back as vivid as it was 43 years ago. I wrote Michael's memory of that fateful night well aware of the juxtaposition of something soulless in the midst of pure serenity. It became the crucial reason why he wanted to destroy himself and the demon within. Instead, the vampire regained his soul. That was also the point in my first book where I knew there would be a second book to continue Michael's journey of redemption. Little did I realize there would be a third book as well.

The presentation is about the journey into writing a novel, a few things I've learned along the way, and some tips about editing. The event is open to the public.
Please join me and the Author's Club if you can.

Felician College Library ~ 262 South Main St. Lodi, NJ 07644
Tuesday night, November 15th 6 - 7 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment